Saturday, March 28, 2009

{saturday night life}

I think this is about the busiest weekend I have had since this time last year (not including the weekends when I've been moving).

We started the day pretty late and headed to Dave & Busters for a birthday party. We spent about 3 hours there and of course the little Princess was in heaven. She loved all of the lights and sounds and although she hadn't had her nap she did pretty well. She did finally crash and burn about 2 and 1/2 hours in. We came home so that the adults could rest for an hour or so... and off we went again.

Our next stop was Gladys and Ron's chicken and waffles. I must say I was not excited about the idea of chicken and waffles together and neither was DH. Apparently EVERYONE else in Atlanta is a fan because we waited for over an hour for a table! Myself and DH and my SIL ended up ordering chicken and waffles. I however could not bring myself to eat them both in the same sitting. The waffle was good... but the chicken I had to put in a to go box to eat later.

I of course had to take some pictures to remember the event... as I am sure we will not be returning. At least it's something we can mark off of our "Atlanta To Do List"... I think the next thing that we will tackle on the list will be The Varsity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! you partied on my birthday. I've lived in Atlanta for quite some time, and I AM NOT a fan of the chicken and waffles spot eithe? I had that SAME 1 hour wait but I left. With time you'll find more things to do and it does get better. Atlantic station is new but is also a place to go, and the underground. Anywhere on peachtree street which is a long road will offer plenty of sight seeing, food and shopping. But it also depends on what you like to do in your spare time. Take the princess to centenniall park, by the aquarium and let her play in the water (if you approve of it) all the kids love it and its great for pictures and its free. Happy Early Birthday.